Going on a short road trip and want to pack a delicious lunch? How about a baggie full of Brisket Roadies...easy to make, easy to tote, and way too easy to eat a bunch of them as you head toward that final destination!
We are off to the Ranger's game...hope you have a safe and happy road trip wherever you are headed!
How to make Brisket Roadies:
Servings 16/Prep Time 10 minutes/Cook Time 4 hrs
1 large beef brisket
2 T each garlic powder, seasoned salt
1 T black pepper
2 packages onion soup mix
1 cup red wine
2 packages Hawaiian Bread Rolls
1. Lay brisket on large pieces of folded together, heavy duty, aluminum foil (will later be completely sealed). Place in a 9x13 inch roasting pan.
2. Apply garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper to both sides (ending with the fat side up).
3. Sprinkle the onion soup mix on top.
4. Pour the red wine around the bottom of brisket.
5. Seal the foil completely and bake at 275 degrees F for about 3-4 hours.
6. Remove from oven and place meat on a cutting board to sit for about 10 minutes before slicing. Place meat, tomato slice, and mayo/mustard on the roll. Wrap individually in saran wrap and place the roadies in a large zip lock baggie. Keep in cooler along with bottled water, fruit, and cheese wedges! Enjoy!