How to make Gizzard Cookies:
2 lbs chicken gizzards
4 cups water
1 cup brown or white rice
1 cup quinoa
1 cup low sodium chicken broth (more if needed)
1 (12 ounce) package sweet peas, frozen
1 cup fresh carrots , chopped
1 (16) ounce can cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. In a heavy saucepan boil the gizzards in the water for about 30 minutes.
2. Add the rice, quinoa, broth, peas, carrots, and chicken. Cook uncovered on medium heat for about an hour. Check periodically to add more broth if mixture gets too dry. The mixture should eventually absorb the liquid.
3. After the mixture has cooked to a mushy state, remove from heat and grind everything nicely, especially the gizzards, with an immersion blender.
4. Now add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, eggs, and more broth (if needed) to make a thick cookie doughlike batter. Mix well.
5. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Post a Comment