For example, Ive had a friend in my life for many years. She knows it all. Yes, anything and everything you want to know about whatever, whenever, or whoever, she knows it. She’s often wrong. Who am I kidding? She’s ALWAYS wrong and I’m sick of listening to her. Here goes the plan:
- Identify Problem: Freakin’, annoying, asshole who is an opinionated know it all but, is a friend I do not want to get rid of because, friends are an investment and I’ve spent many years cultivating this one.
- Goal: To continue the relationship and not get so freakin’ annoyed at the asshole when she starts her brilliantness.
- Brainstorming: Strangle her, duct tape on mouth, ear plugs, Google (really knows it all) on the spot to correct her while simultaneously embarrassing the heck out of her, slap her silly, or silently pray for the Rapture as I’m talking to her.
- Assess Alternatives: All the above sound perfectly legitimate for the situation. Decisions?!?!
- Choose Solution: Maybe I was a bit too harsh with the alternatives above. Hmmm, I guess, just recognizing she wants attention, then complimenting what she does get right, and redirecting her back to reality could be a start.
- Active Execution: I’m inspired. New year, new beginning. Can’t wait to see her. Gotta lot of work to do (see 5. above). I’m worn out just thinking about it. Perseverance will come in handy.
- Evaluation: Yes, it’s very annoying to be around one who knows everything for those that do. Will let you know how it turns out. To be continued... Happy New Year!!! Make this coming year your best yet!
Post a Comment