How to Make Easy Cheesy Potato Soup For Two
1 large Russet baking potato, peeled or not, cubed
1 ts salt
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 T olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3 scallions, sliced
4 ounces Velveeta crumbles
2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup milk (more or less depending on your desired consistency)
1. Place potatoes in medium sauce pan and cover with water. Add salt and boil till tender. Drain, set aside.
2. Cook bacon, crumble and set aside.
3. Heat oil in frying pan, add garlic and scallions. Cook a couple of minutes till tender.
4. Add scallion mixture to hot, drained potatoes. Add milk and cheeses, stir over low heat till melted.
5. Serve in two bowls, top with Cornbread Croutons and bacon.
How to Make Cornbread Croutons
1. Start with your favorite iron skillet cornbread recipe. Cut into cubes.
2. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in sauté (oops, I did it again...first reader to LIKE this post with the Facebook button below and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell me how I put an accent over the 'e' in the word sauté using the alt key wins)pan and cook for about 10 minutes. Salt lightly.
3. Put the croutons in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes for more crispness.
4. When cool, place in zip lock bag and keep in fridge for a fast, easy, and different kind of crouton.